Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good 'ol Berryhill Park

A couple of weekends ago we were in Searcy while Richard was out of town. Mom had a Friends for Life walk at Berryhill so Finley and I decided to tag along. She LOVES parks so I didn't have to twist her arm at all! Being there with her brought back so many memories from my childhood and teenage years. Of course I grew up in Searcy so I am constantly reminded of things when I'm there visiting but just something about this day felt different. I remember vividly playing there as a little girl when we were visiting my grandparents and then later when we moved back playing volleyball with my church youth group there and softball practice. I remembered the night my brother almost got arested while we were in high school by some "barney fife" cop when he was pretending to mess with the christmas lights display... (Searcy is know for thier holiday of lights and they take it very seriously- ha!!) I remembered countless other things that happened there but I couldn't help but think that life is coming full circle before my eyes. I loved that my parents raised me in Searcy and that they still live there so I can go there whenever I want. The older I get the more I realize how uncommon that is and for that I am grateful. Here are a few pictures from that morning....




No comments:

Post a Comment