Monday, October 26, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year??

A new season has officially dropped on Arkansas and I'm loving me some October! Fall has arrived!! I absolutely love the cold crisp air and the changing colors. i love the pumpkins and mums on porches and the pumpkin patch trips. I love that lots of people in our neighborhood put up halloween blow-ups in their yard~~ kinda random i know, but it brings so much joy to Finley every time we drive or walk by. (I have resisted putting one up in our yard (much to my husbands dismay) but I may have to consider one for next year!?!?) It's the best how they get so excited about such little things. I love the homecoming football games and hayrides. i love all the pumpkin spice candles and dressing in layers! I love how Christmas is just a couple of months away and Starbucks has their new holiday flavors and cups already! I think there is just something very nostalgic about this time of year for me and certain smells and places instantly take me back to my younger-carefree days!

Now as a parent we have been crazy busy and I'm not sure it's going to slow down any time soon. We have halloween activities Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and then of course on Saturday. I was thinking back to last year and how we thought it was so awesome that Finley could point and say "punkin" and now she says "look mommy the leaves our changing and they are so beautiful!". WOW- what a difference a year makes! I won't bother writing the cliche statement that every mom is thinking right now but you know it's so true! She is so excited about it this year and therefore so are we.

And last but not least today I am grateful for washable markers!! I literally walked away for just a couple of minutes and this is what I found. She was unzipping her PJ's so she could find more bare skin when I found the little rascal. There was just ONE lone marker in the group of crayons and she managed to have a field day with it! Oh well- just another day in the life....




1 comment:

  1. Precious!!! These are the moments we will remember! Pax snuck away and painted a picture on on a wall in my parent's garage this morning! We may have future artist's on our hands!

    ReplyDelete